Under the Amsterdam metropolitan area and above the port of Rotterdam lies Leiden, where an enthusiastic international team works on worldly ambitions! At KatanaPIM, we have the goal to help companies that sell products online with their global growth ambitions. We do this by passionately working on improving our PIM platform. PIM stands for product information management, a platform that helps make an optimal structure for all product data. Production information management becomes increasingly important in daily operations because wrong product information means unhappy customers!
Our mission is to support as many companies as possible on our platform to structure product information as they desire. Overall, we help companies become more successful in the online world! Since our platform is provided as a SaaS solution, we can facilitate our customers with easy-to-use software that is continuously improving for a fair price.
In short: we’re working on a PIM system with the ambition to become the standard PIM for every company!
We need to improve our platform to fulfill our promises and ambitions constantly. Therefore, we need more people such as you to help us grow!
o As a backend developer, you work with four other senior backend developers in ASP.NET. Our development team consists of eight people who work with a scrum method. This team comprises senior developers who can help you grow your specialization. Moreover, inclusiveness also plays a role in our group, so there is time for drinks and trips!
o Every morning, we have a daily standup to discuss planning, challenges, and solutions for day-to-day operations. Additionally, this is a moment when we celebrate success and discuss struggles together.
o Every month, we have a monthly update to discuss with all members of KatanaPIM the progress of the company and to give honest feedback on how we should move further.
Your responsibility as a backend developer is to bring our product to the next level! By working with a sprint of two weeks, you quickly learn new features in different areas of our platform. After such a sprint, there is a sprint update with all employees of KatanaPIM. That way, everybody is included in the development team's progression, which affects other company areas.
Further, your daily tasks are:
● Code reviews
● Fixing bugs
● Support with technical design
● Develop new features
● Investigate migration to .NET core
● Research a transition to Azure
Besides your expertise in backend development, we are searching for someone who likes to be part of a scale-up and helps us achieve our ambitions. At KatanaPIM, we work in a flexible and hybrid environment. Since we are in a scale-up phase, we find it valuable that you come to the office a couple of days per week to discuss the progress and quickly communicate with different colleagues.
Aside, you are someone with:
● At least two-year work experience with backend development frameworks such as .NET / C#
● A relevant study background is a pro
● Expertise in working individual or working in a team environment
● Inquisitiveness to not only develop individual skills but also develop the product
● Knowledge of the Dutch language is a pro
● Chance to work in a dynamic tech company located in the Randstad
● An opportunity to further develop your own set of specializations
● Work in a vibrant and international-oriented team
● A great office that is international focused and within walking distance of Leiden Central Station
● Besides working, occasions for fun activities with the whole team
● A market-conform salary